I’ve been waiting to share this look on Think it. Dream it. Blog just because I felt this outfit couldn’t be worn in sweltering weather (even though it was shot in less than ideal temperatures). Transitioning from Summer to Autumn here in HK has a bit of difficulty deciding whether to wear jeans or shorts, long sleeve or t-shirts. It’s funny because 22 degree celsius would be deemed Summer in England, but here it’s Autumn.
I was sent back in Feb a pair of MANGO jeans with a leather look/shimmer finish from my sister in the UK. I’m a big fan of MANGO and was super pleased to have a new pair of black jeans as I tend to find black jeans to fade super fast.
I’m wearing a cropped box t-shirt from COTTON ON with some fitted MANGO jeans. I think when you wear something with a baggy shape it’s good to add something with a fitted look to add some shape.
Candy is a girl’s best friend 🙂
Here’s some tips for transitioning from Summer to Autumn:
- Since the weather hasn’t really decided on staying cool or heating up it’s good to dress in layers. Hoodies, jackets, long shirts are a great items to have on hand. I like wearing a plaid shirt over cropped tops or strap tops as it can be left open if you’re too hot or buttoned up if you’re too cold.
- As long as it’s not raining, sandals are good footwear for the awkward season change. I also like wearing converse as they’re pretty comfortable whatever the weather.
- Keep a scarf on hand as this can be draped around you shoulders if the temperature starts to drop, or can be tied onto your bag if hasn’t cooled down.
- If you want to wear skirt, you can always wear tights underneath if you’re afraid of the cold. If it starts to warm up again it’s easy to find a public toilet/changing room and take them off and stash in your bag.
- Don’t wear one piece items that are long sleeve or made of thick material. If you’re suddenly caught in an unpredictable weather change, the heat will make you feel sorry for your choice. If one piece a must wear short sleeve so you can always layer up if it’s not warm enough.
What’s your favourite season transition items? Leave a comment below if I’ve missed any great tips.
Photos taken by MyFashionStage.com photographer Frank Tam
Sunglasses – Vintage (similar here)
Psssstttt! Want 15% off Zalora.com.hk? Enter in the code: BAPQW7N at checkout 🙂